Who is Perpetual Next
Perpetual Next is a climate technology company that is committed to reduce the impact of climate change by remove carbon from the atmosphere. We do this by upgrading organic waste streams into valuable raw materials and products for sustainable use. Through developing our leading technology and making it available to industry we make an impact in contribution of a better world for generations to come. The future is now. Our future is Perpetual!
The key objectives of Perpetual Next
Perpetual Next is a global company producing Carbon Neutral Products, be part of the Team that changes today for a better tomorrow.
Perpetual Next wish to develop our own internal resource competence for control systems, which drive our technologies across our businesses. Currently we use an external engineering resource for engineering and translation of our process control into control system design using Siemens S7 PLC software, and for Siemens SCADA programming and architecture. The Factory Automation Engineer shall be responsible for design of control systems and the programming of both PLC systems and associated SCADA systems. We wish to retain internal control of this process for security and to increase bandwidth.
We wish to employ a resource to eventually act as architect and executor of control systems across our group, initially focussed on Torrefaction systems, but over time becoming a more widely available resource for other projects. The successful candidate will operate alongside our current external resource with a gradual transfer of workload.
The key objectives
- Design of complete control systems (panels, software, SCADA) with experience of Siemens PLC software
- Engineer/write Siemens PLC software based on process logic generated in cooperation with the Technology R&D Team, Projects Team and the Operations Team
- Engineer/write SCADA and communications associated with the technology
- Support Operational deployment of the technology, in the UK, Estonia, Netherlands and elsewhere
- Understand the processes of PN, including but not limited to the Torrefaction Island technology and surrounding processes
- Communicate with the Technology R&D team and support development of process systems
- Advance the automation of the technology, with the aim of reducing human interaction/operator input
- Advance the process safety of the technology
- Project Management of Control Systems deployment in the field
- Ensure safe plant construction, installation and commissioning.
- Design, specification and procurement support for control systems
- Control Systems Planning & overall schedule
- Commissioning of control system including development of procedures
- Process safety interface, responsibility for control system safety design (SIL levels)
- Manage sub-contractors to deliver control/electrical equipment installation, electrical and control system installation, commissioning and testing.
- Take responsibility for control system site works for the torrefaction reactor in cooperation with specialist engineers who will have experience in the system.
- Report to the Management Team on safety, progress, risks and problems, and develop solutions
- Recommend and initiate control system process improvement design changes.
- Generate new processes for registering of software versions and administrative control of software
- International travel required on an ad hoc basis expected up to 15 weeks per year
What does Perpetual Next offer
- An opportunity to contribute to reducing climate change
- A market conform salary
- Attractive pension scheme
- Good secondary employment condition
- Highly motivated working environment to make change
- Excellent growth opportunities